Pálffy family mansion in Stupava

    Pálffy family mansion in Stupava

    The Stupava mansion is located at the edge of a park in the historical centre of the town.

    In the mid-17th century, Paul Pálffy built an early Baroque fortified mansion in place of the original Stupava water castle as his lavish country residence. Despite having been rebuilt multiple times after Paul Pálffy's death, the mansion kept its early Baroque style. Count Alojz Károly bought the mansion in 1867, introducing distinctive Rococo elements to the building and establishing an adjacent park in the style of English gardens.

    The mansion was damaged during the Second World War. The last Károlyis left it in 1945. Two years later it was struck by fire. The mansion was reconstructed in 1956-1958. It currently serves as a retirement home and is not open to the public.

    The public can enjoy the park, popular among locals as the place for sports and relaxation.

    More details

    Object:
    Home of Social Services and Seniors Facilities Mansion
    Entrance fee:
    -

    Fotogaléria